Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: 604e cabinet and crossover

  1. #31
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604e cabinet and crossover

    Hey drummer,

    What are your port dims for your speakers?

    How are your speakers holding up, and are you satisfied with them in that cabinet/config?



    Thanks,


    -chris

  2. #32
    Senior Hostboard Member drummerwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604e cabinet and crossover

    Ports are 11" X 2"

    Trying different amps now, been thru the 845 SET, Push-Pull 45 Wurlitzer amps, 300b/2A3,
    using Scott 299B now ,sounds real sweet.
    Gonna move up in power next to Dynaco Mark III's, just taking my time and listening.

    It's been pretty good so far I've been very happy with the performance of this ensemble.


    Have fun!
    "And the beat goes on"<br /> Willie

  3. #33
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604e cabinet and crossover

    How did they sound with your 2a3 set?

    I have a pair of bottlehead paramour, and they are 2a3.

    Thanks,

    -chris

  4. #34
    Senior Hostboard Member drummerwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604e cabinet and crossover

    I ran a pair of JJ-2A3-40's in my " Big Kahuna amp". This amp has solid silver-secondary
    parafeed OPT's. I consider it to be my Reference SET.

    I can tell you the JJ's are Killer tubes and they can really make my 604's put you "Right There".
    I usually run a pair of TJ Mesh 300Bs, but I have now fell in love with the JJ's

    My current setup is SB3 to entech DAC to Behringer DEQ2496 to amp and 604's or A-7's.

    I'm loving it!
    Have fun!
    Willie
    "And the beat goes on"<br /> Willie

  5. #35
    Inactive Member stlblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2008
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604e cabinet and crossover

    Quote Originally Posted by drummerwill View Post
    Hey STLBlue are you in St Louis? If so , me too!

    If you are interested in 604 cabinets, I got a pair of 604-8K's in a MLTL like cabinet,
    if you'd like to hear them.

    Here's a link to some pics, : The AudioCircle Gallery - Altec 604-8K's/Baltic Birch Cab 4

    Have fun.
    Born & raised in South STL, but now in NE Ohio. Very generous offer though...I sincerely appreciate it. I've already bookmarked your pics from AC for future reference. I've got my 604E's in some 612's, but hope to get them in a "real" home this spring.

  6. #36
    Hostboard Member klausesser's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 604e cabinet and crossover

    Quote Originally Posted by stlblue View Post
    I've got my 604E's in some 612's, but hope to get them in a "real" home this spring.

    Hi!

    What kind of x-over do they have in the 612? You wrote "Iconic" - is it the DN604E-16U?

    best regards, Klaus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.